Thursday, July 23, 2020

Flying in for a Work Trip by Jacob

In July I took another trip into the bush to help some missionaries! Hopefully this time I won't break any bones!

The missionaries house had been invaded by rats and was not livable anymore.
 

So, we mounted a strike force and after much pain and suffering we recaptured the house and drove off the rats. We didn't suffer any casualties but the rats lost over thirty soldiers.

Then we tore off the woven siding because the rats had no problem scaling the walls.

And we fortified our defenses with slick VERY difficult to climb metal siding. This is Derek a missionary that came who was on the work trip.

I was back on the roof but I was very careful this time.

and so we were there for about a week and we ended up with a rat proof house.

There are so many critters out here in the jungle. This is a hut for a neighbors pig. This guy watched us work and snorted up a storm in his little house. If you look carefully you can see his nose sticking out!


On Sunday we were able to join the local believers in church. Funny how sitting in a church service that you can hardly understand could be such a cool experience.

We made it back to the plane safe and sound and our mission was accomplished.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!