Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Visiting our Bena Friends and old Interface campus

 



I have driven this road many many times in my life. But not much in the last 10 years. Interface has now been closed in the Bena area for 10 years. Its hard to believe! But we wanted to head out there to visit our old friends and we wanted to kids to see a village setting and meet them. It is hard to believe that I have been in Papua New Guinea over half my life now!!






Buka, one of the missionaries Bible teachers and his family.

The old Interface Campus has now become a Teachers College. Please pray that it will be accredited soon.

A bit blurry, but the only shot I got of the old Interface Kitchen... Its like walking into the Twilight Zone!


Heading towards the Classroom building. On the right they have built 2 more classroom buildings out of pitpit and bamboo.

Staff home

Another staff home


To the left of the classroom where we used to have Interface campfires.

Joyce, a language helper, of one of the Bena missionaries. She now works as the secretary for the Teachers College. She named her daughter after the missionary.

Jacob is with Samson (left) who he used to work with on maintenance team. And also on Unepa (right), who used to work security for Interface.


Piku worked in the kitchen with me. She was a close friend, she named her daughter after me. But little Beth is no longer little. She is in 9th grade, 17 years old! I haven't seen her yet but hopefully they will visit soon. Piku is looking for work so I have written a reference for her, so she will come by to pick it up soon.
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!