Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Jacob heading into the bush to build houses...written by Jacob



Going on an adventure....I am as ready as I will ever be at 4 am! Tool bag and backpack full of food, clothes and essentials... to help build two missionary homes for the Chen family and Swenson family in Tanguat.





I got the front seat next to the pilot, pretty exciting!


As soon as the helicopter landed we got straight to work laying out the first house for the missionaries.

Meanwhile, the helicopter flew in and out the whole day carrying our supplies. They did about 8 shuttles.

People came from miles and miles just to see the helicopter!

This is the water tank that one missionary family will use to collect rain water for drinking, cooking and bathing.


After lots of planning and work, we are ready to start with the posts of the house.

Everyone really worked hard and we made a lot of progress in just a day!


Supper is served.

View from where we were building the houses.

This is where we bathed and cooled off during the really hot days!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!