Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Bush Build - Building the Roof


Starting on the rafters...

The guys really caught on to the work of building and everything was put up without any problems.

Then we were ready to put the roof on!


Everyone worked together and it went great. The sun was incredibly bright and hot though once is started bouncing off the tin roofing!!

The roof is ready to catch rainwater! A huge deal in a place where your only source of water is a stream!
With some gutters and a tank, the missionaries should be able to store a few months of water under their house!


A nice break for some food and rest after a hot day in the sun!

This was the last day of my time in the bush. I was already to fly out the next day when...

installing the gutter, I stepped on a slippery spot, lost my footing and fell. This picture was take just as were were preparing to get the gutter on and I actually joked with the missionary that I was going to have to be extra careful, because it was a long way down...and it was!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!