Friday, November 8, 2013

Birthday!

 The ladies on the center came over to our place at 9:30 am on my birthday to surprise me! Shannon made a pineapple "cake" and we all celebrated my birthday. It was a very fun! I enjoyed my first birthday as a mom and my first birthday in the Sepik. It was an especially amazing day because the Yembi Yembi New Testament was dedicated on my birthday. Brooks and Nina, who I went through the NTM language school with, have been working in the Yembi Yembi language group for many years translating and teaching the Word. In 2002 when I was in class with them, I never would have imagined that I would be married with a son, living in Wewak when their New Testament was dedicated. :) So neat that another group of believers has the Bible in their own language!!

A few days later I received two packages for my birthday! One from my parents and one from Jacob's parents. Jonathan was very excited to help me open them. :)

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

That's fantastic and a super frolic birthday treat. My cousin's birthday party at one of the best venues in NYC was a great day with girls. Movie and then shopping was little hectic but later the luncheon was so relaxing. Drinks and desserts with smothering chocolate pies were yummy. Will celebrate New Year party at the same place.

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!