Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Frame Goes Up!

Framing the house was another big challenge. Fortunately, the hardware stores in town recently started carrying treated lumber. This is great for us because the termites won't eat it!


We were fortunate to have Jason working here. He has framed many houses over the years and his expertise came in handy as he took the lead on making sure the house went up strong and according to plan.


Here is nail gun number 9...so far it is working great. The seals have not been ruined by the Sepik weather yet! The other 8 still need the seals repaired....


This is by far the biggest house here, even though it is only about 1,500 sq feet. total.- upstairs and down.

 For comparison- the average house size of house in US in 2016 is 2,687 sq feet according to the Census bureau.

It was a difficult decision to build a house so big in a country that usually has much smaller houses. but it is a real need to have a big house when missionary families have a lot of children.

For comparison, the two other houses in the background are all able to house two families.
And yes, just 8 months after falling off a roof, breaking my femur and getting a metal rod in my leg, there I am again in the red shirt building another roof.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!