Friday, June 21, 2019

Shopping for Produce in Wewak

 We enjoy going to our local grocery store every Saturday to see what they have in stock each week! We get excited when they have real juice (without sugar) and apples!! And sometimes they even have celery!

 When there is extra space on the Kodiak airplane flights from the Highlands, we order produce to come for us. The weather there is great for growing gardens and so there is a lot more produce available there! It is quite exciting to get a couple boxes full of fresh veggies!! But the order that came to us after we arrived back from Brisbane was a very sad day... all of our veggies and apples were accidentally frozen. So I made applesauce with my frozen apples... yum! And apple muffins!

 And I boiled the carrots and made carrot puree.

 I used the carrot puree for muffins and it was actually yummy just as carrot puree too!

Carrot muffins with raisins! The kids loved them!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!