Friday, January 4, 2019

And Back to Wewak Again!

We enjoyed good times visiting with friends in Goroka!


Linda and Jonathan were reunited and Jonathan was so excited to show Linda how he could pump his legs on the swing now!!

Opening presents from our friends...

A pillow that turns into a blanket and a game as well. A perfect travel pillow!!

Bubbles!!

Back to Wewak again!

First we flew to a bush location where a new family and single gal were dropped off for a 5 week bush orientation. They will finish learning tok pidgin and also see what it is like to live in the jungle as missionaries. Afterwards the family will move to Wewak and be our neighbors, and help out on our center, as they wait for their church planting team to form and figure out which people group they will be working with.



I loved flying through the mountains!!



Landing on a grass airstrip brought back many memories of Interface side trips with students into bush locations for a week at a time. I miss those days!


This was my first time taking off in a Kodiak plane on a grass airstrip. It was amazing how fast the plane can lift off the ground compared to the smaller planes we used to use called a 206!!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!