Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ope's Visit!

 We met Ope (from California) at Interface a few years ago... and we were so excited that she could come visit us in Nova Scotia! We hadn't seen her in 6 years! We had fun giving her a tour around, and thoroughly enjoyed being a tourist ourselves... as I haven't seen most of what we got to see since we have lived here! Here we are at the top of a replica light house...Seal Island Lighthouse.

 Notice the whale bones just outside the light house.

 The reflectors that make the light so bright.

 View from the lighthouse on a typical foggy day in Nova Scotia.


 Jonathan enjoyed being a tourist too!

 A visit to Shelburne to take a look at the sights.... memorial for the fishermen that have died at sea.


 Finishing the lobster pot, getting it ready for the fishermen.

 I think he uses a 'little' bit of rope for his job!

The Lobster Fishing Boats in dry dock for the off season.... Lobster fishing season starts in November and ends in May.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!