Sunday, June 12, 2016

Grandma's 90th Surprise Birthday Party!

 My Grandma turned 90 years old in February. So she was quite surprised when her children and grandchildren arrived from CA, IL, MO, NC, PA and MA to for a party weekend in western NY! It was so fun to be together because we only get to see each other every 10-20 years!


Four generations, my dad, grandmother, me and Jonathan!

Our Weaver/Devine family came from MA and Papua New Guinea. :) My grandma was happy to see everyone and soooo surprised!
( missed my sister Ruth!)

Jonathan enjoyed meeting and playing with his 2nd cousin, Sam!

My Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Roy with their family, from NY, PA and NC.

  My Uncle Harry and Aunt Regina and their family, from CA, IL and MO.

Jonathan and his 2nd cousin, Anna, enjoyed playing together too!

 We all made our hand prints on quilt squares and my aunt and cousin made the quilt for my grandma for her birthday!

The hotel where we all stayed had a heated pool, which Jonathan loved!




The day after the party we spoke at my uncle's church in NY and got to tell everyone about what is happening in Papua New Guinea! It was so neat to have all of our extended family there as well! My grandmother was the first believer in her family and now all her children and grandchildren are believers too... and we are praying for the great grandchildren!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!