Saturday, August 18, 2012

Giessen, Germany

 My parents lived in Giessen, Germany when I was born. And I was actually born nearby in Frankfurt. So we had to go to Giessen to see where they used to live. This is an old monastery close to Giessen, now a restaurant. The day we stopped in, there was a live band playing and lots of people were gathered enjoying the old German folk music.

 One of the streets of a small town where my parents lived.

 My mom said that I should stop by and see the hospital where she used to work. But it was so huge, we had no idea which building she used to work in.

 So eventually we found the main building and just took a picture of that. :)

Cake and fruit with Simon, his wife and parents in Giessen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!