Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sunday afternoon walk...

 Out for a Sunday afternoon walk...
Met a man along the road carrying a HUGE stalk of bananas!

 We were happy to see that Beth was home... Piku's daughter, named after me.
 Piku's husband just made this oven which sits outside their house... they use it to bake rolls and sell them at a local market.
Piku with her of her children, Beth and Phillipe. Phillipe still haven't gotten used to seeing white people. :)

 When we arrived at the house, it was raining so they invited us inside to visit with them. This is a plant of rice that Piku picked to show me what is looks like after a few months.
These are the rice seeds that the rice came from. I just couldn't picture how rice could grow... it is very interesting! But seems like a lot of work!

Beth working hard... digging up the garden getting it ready to plant. It was fun to see Beth again, we hadn't seen her in a long time. Piku kept telling me that she was very talkative, always telling stories. But she was a little shy around us... just wanted to go out and work. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!