Friday, August 7, 2020

Guesthouse Porch Roof Renovation by Jacob...

 

The guest house porch support posts were badly rotted and not holding very much. After putting in some temporary supports, I started the process of putting in new supports.

I took down all of the wiring and made sure everything was ready.
 


You can see in this picture how low the roof is. In the end I decided to take the whole roof off and raise it so tall people wouldn't keep hitting their heads.




A bit drastic but sometimes it is easier to tear everything down and rebuild it rather than trying to fix it up. Naomi is running because we were joking about a tornado that just hit the guesthouse porch. :)

Well, so far the porch repair doesn't seem to have made much progress..

 

Everything is ready to be rebuilt.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!