Friday, October 12, 2018

Jacob's recovery out of the Hospital!

 We were so thankful that the Wycliffe Guest house had room for us until Jacob was ready to go back to PNG! The doctors in Australia wanted to make sure that Jacob's incision was healed completely before returning to PNG.

 Jacob got out of the hospital a few days after we moved, so we had fun getting things ready for dad and exploring the fun places of Tree Tops, the Wycliffe Guest house. The one bad thing about moving to Tree Tops was that I would have to learn how to drive on the left side of the road!! In all my years in PNG, I have never driven on the left side of the road and I have no plans to learn. But God's plans were different than mine. So thankful that I could rent a car when I needed it to visit Jacob, go grocery shopping, etc. And so thankful that God enabled me to drive on the "wrong" side of the road. I still can't believe I did it!!





 They were doing some construction outside our room and the kids loved seeing the crane lifting the cement slabs up and down.

 Then dad came home! And there was rejoicing! Lots of time to draw, color and read with dad!


 And when he wasn't too tired, a walk to see the fish.

For part of the time we cooked in this communal kitchen where they also had a lounge and toys and books, the kids loved it!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!