Thursday, August 28, 2014

Heading to Goroka for a break!

 While we were waiting in the NTMA Hanger for our plane to arrive, Jonathan explored... this is the Samaritan Aviation float plane.

 Samaritan Aviation does emergency flights to bush locations to take people to the hospital.

 This is the NTMA 206 Cessna. This is the plane we were going to fly on to Goroka!

 But first the cargo had to be unloaded...


 Jonathan and I waited... Jonathan loves to ride on carts!

 There was lots of activity on the airstrip as we waited... Air Niugini flew in and out...


 A few helicopters landed near us.


 Then Jacob helped our pilot, John, refuel the plane before take off.


  Family photo before heading out on the plane!

 Inside the airplane... the pilot seats..

 And the cargo with a seat for Jonathan and I. :)

 View as we took off...


 Jonathan wasn't sure what was happening when the plane started its engine. He cried and cried and said he was all done. But eventually he settled down and fell asleep.

 And when he woke up he was happy!


 Jacob enjoyed his ride in the front talking with John, our pilot. Don't worry, Jacob didn't fly. :)

 View of the Sepik River

Arriving in the Highlands... I love the mountains!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!