Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sights of Lae...crocodile farm...

 We had the opportunity to take a tour of the Crocodile Farm as well as buy 60 kgs of meat!! The Interface students love it... so far we have made grilled crocodile and crocodile nuggets (just like chicken nuggets).
 These are just the baby crocodiles, some of which they buy from the nationals around for K30 a croc.

 It takes about a 1 1/2 years for the crocodile to grow large enough for meat.
 And the skins are very popular as well and bring in more money then the meat.
 They are salted and shipped all over the world. Japan and France buys all the best quality skins for the big bucks.
Richard, Jonas, Jacob and I are out for a Chinese dinner... the guys are enjoying fried ice cream. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!