Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Last leg of jouney - hiking into the tribal location...

Our hike took 3 hours and 45 minutes and it was hot!!!
Crossing creeks... nice cold water on the feet... felt wonderful!
Some of the believers from the village hiked out to help us carry all our food and bags. It is a good source of income for them. And we had a lot! One bag for each of us, 17 total, plus 3 coolers of food and about 10 other boxes of food and supplies.
The hike was pretty level and straight except for a couple creeks and bridges.
We were so excited to arrive in the village finally!!
After a long day starting with a 5:30 breakfast we were so excited to finally see the missionaries, Jan and Annette, in the village!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!