Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Leg of our Side Trip Jouney - by Plane

I had the privilege once again of going with the students into a tribal location. I went to cook while they saw first hand how God was working in the believers lives. It was an amazing time for the students as they interacted with the missionaries who had worked in the tribe for years. The students loved getting to know the tribal believers, 90% of the village.
Peter, team leader, and I gathering the weights of all boxes and coolers before our flight.
We took two planes... a small 5 passenger and a larger 15 passenger plane. It is so important to have support missionaries on the mission field. What would the tribal missionaries do without MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) and NTMA (New Tribes Mission Aviation)?
There were many people there to greet us when we landed, after flying for 1 1/2 hours.
We traveled in the back of this truck from the airstrip to the dock where we would get to travel by boat. The students were very excited about that!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!