Friday, September 15, 2023

Campfires, Muna Beatles and Independence Day

 

Usually every September rainy season begins and the Muna beetles come out of the ground. There are thousands of them. The people here catch them and fry them up to eat for dinner. So we try it again every year. This was Jonathan's first time trying one! Not bad he says!


The legs and heads need to come off first before you cook them.



We have been enjoying a campfire each Saturday. And some of us heat our waffles on the campfire. And Jacob always cooks sausage for us to enjoy too.


Happy 48th year of Independence to PNG! I enjoy working with Georgie, Rumbi and Fiona each day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!