Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Introductions

    

On November 7th, I became Beth's husband! I am excited to join the ministry of interface. I am also excited about all that God has for Beth and I as we both enter into this new chapter of our lives. For now, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone who reads her blog which is now our blog. J I know everyone already knows about me from Beth's previous posts. I am very excited about all that the future holds for Beth and I as a married couple. I look forward to the excitement that living in a developing country always brings and the opportunities that being a missionary entails. However, as I look toward the future I realize the gravity and seriousness of what Beth and I are doing. I am not expecting that adjusting to married life, a new culture, and a new job will be easy. I find it easy to be intimidated by all these seemingly huge tasks that are ahead of Beth and I. But, in reality, these are not tasks but opportunities, and opportunity is what makes life exciting. In the words of G.K. Chesterton, "life …was an ecstasy because it was an adventure; it was an adventure because it was an opportunity."

    

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!