Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back in Papua New Guinea Once Again!!

 
INTERFACE Campus, the place of our first ministry together and our first home together! And also the place where we met in 2005! Notice the new Intern Kitchen in the center of the cabins. :)

  
Our first home together!


  
We live in the left half of this duplex housing unit. The right half is now the new office. This is the same duplex that I helped build when I was here as an intern in 1995 and 1996. :)

Our Living Room... you may be wondering.... "why in the world is there a wood stove?!" Well, we do live in the mountains so there isn't as much humidity. And in dry season our record low is 50 degrees. This is quite cold for us when the norm is 70-85 degrees F. Although I've been told that the wood stove has been ready to be lit for 2 1/2 years now... the couple that used to live here got it ready to go for the next cold spell. :) Maybe someday we will light it. :)



Our Kitchen/Dining room... I really enjoy our home, much bigger then my round house. It is very fun to have people over for meals and parties!


And my kitchen has 5 times as much counter space and an oven that works!! :)



  
 Jacob and I love to relax in our hammock on the porch. 

  
And we love the view from our porch!

  
We are very close to where we work as well. If you look to the right... you will find the workshop, where Jacob works every day.
 

And if you look to the left you will find the Kitchen where I work everyday, when we have a Interface program or Missionary Conference. We love our commutes to work! :)

1 comment:

Jake and Erin said...

Wow, what a nice home! I hope it's cold enough in Indo for us to have a fire place. They're so cozy.

About Me

My photo
Enjoying life where God has me... currently in Papua New Guinea cooking and loving life with my husband, Jacob, my son, Jonathan and my daughter, Naomi.

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia
Amazing view from our back porch!